Just because it’s getting cooler doesn’t mean you can’t relax on your patio! It’s easy to make your patio a year-round space for your enjoyment. With a few additions, you’ll be enjoying your patio during the crisp autumn nights in no time! Perhaps you should consider adding a:
- Fire pit or outdoor fireplace. Obviously, keeping warm is going to be the biggest battle. Fortunately, with a fire pit or an outdoor fireplace, you can easily create a warm, inviting space for your family and friends.
- Screened in deck area. You can moderate the temperature better with a screened in area on your deck. This will help keep you out of the elements, allowing you to use your deck area for much longer in the fall and winter. Also, a screened in area is perfect for an outdoor kitchen, as well! Not only will it keep the bugs out in the summer, but it will offer you a gorgeous view of your yard in the winter.
Autumn Trees, Plants, and Shrubs for your Home
Keeping your yard well-landscaped during the fall is difficult, but not impossible. By following a few easy steps, you’ll have a gorgeous space all year long! Make sure you:
- Plant evergreens. Your trees are naturally pretty in fall—with the changing of the leaves, it’s hard to not have a gorgeous yard! But keeping a fair amount of green in your yard is important at all points of the year. This is why planting evergreen trees and bushes will help keep your yard looking fresh and lively no matter how cold it is.
- Get your bulbs planted. This isn’t necessarily a trick to keep your yard looking pretty in the fall, but it’s an important chore that you need to do each fall.
- Plant cold-resistant plants. Some plants are strong enough to live through the colder months, adding beautiful color to your home year-round.