At Allen Outdoor Solutions we understand that Summer can bring very little rain and your landscape can start showing signs of drought.
So today we wanted to share a few tips that will help keep your yard looking green with minimal work.
Summer Landscape Tips
- Avoid light, frequent watering, this type of watering encourages shallow roots which are less tolerable of drought conditions.
- Mow your lawn high. Taller grass will produce deep roots which do better in times of drought. Deeper roots will also make your lawn more resistant to disease, insects and other environmental stresses.
- Follow the one third mowing rule, by never removing more than one third of your lawn at a time. If you do follow this rule, leaving the clippings on the lawn will help reduce the need of fertilizer and help keep soil moist longer.
- Depending on weather conditions grass growth can slow in the summer, adjust to these changes accordingly by waiting longer to mow your lawn when needed.
- Stay on top of your weeds, remove any weeds from garden beds and borders as soon as they appear. Not only will weeds steal water and nutrients from your plants, they can also cause diseases and harbor insects that are harmful to your garden.